If you like peanut butter and a bit of spice, this is a great way to get both. High in vitamin C and the nuts give a protein boost. Unlike the all day soup, this is done in 45 minutes with prep. Perfect for fall. This is a soup I just love!
- 1 tsp veg oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp grated pealed ginger root (optional)
- 1 c chopped carrots
- 4 c vegetable stock or water
- 2 c chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 c tomato juice
- 1 c smooth peanut butter
- 1 c scallions or chives
- Heat oil and saute onions till soft. Stir in cayenne and ginger. Add carrots and saute 3 minutes. Mix in potatoes and stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Puree in blender or in the pan with immersion blender. Return to pan and add peanut butter.
- Once blended test for salt and sweetness. You can add sugar/agave/honey if you like.